Translate

Friday 2 September 2016

September TUSAL

Tusal

It's TUSAL time again!  For those of you new to blogging, the TUSAL is a project run by Daffycat, click on the button on the right hand bar for more details.

Here is my ORTS jar posing with the current stitching projects:

Bit of glare on the jar there!

On the left we have Ghostly Mandala by Ink Circles, I have now reached the bottom left hand corner and have approximately 5.5 ghosts left to stitch.  But four of them are big ones!

stitched on 32 count Autumnal Woodland by Crafty Kitten

On the right we have a Happy Dance!  Counting Bats by Just Nan has been my Hallowe'en stitch this year with each band fitting the monthly themes for the Hallowe'en Ornie SAL Blog.

I finished the final bottom border today:

stitched on 32 count lavender linen

I didn't have the skeleton charm provided with the original kit so I had to source one for myself.  The original one I tried was too small so I found this one from an eBay shop called Pink Cat Charms.


๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‚

Finally, it's September so it's my Big Birthday Month, yay!  Nearly time for the Big Birthday Blog Hop.  Some people requested they be advised of their year for the hop early due to holidays, so I have now done that.  For the rest of the participants, you will be getting an email from me in the next two weeks giving you all the information you need to know.  I still have a few spaces left, so if anyone is late to the party, leave me a comment and I can fit you in!

22 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on the awesome finish Jo. Great progress on the ghosts.

Linda

Robin said...

Great progress on your ghostly mandala! Wow, you have worked that up quickly. The Just Nan piece is cute as well. I will be watching your Birthday Blog Hop to see what it is all about.

Tiffstitch said...

Wow, Ghostly Mandala is nearly there, and great finish on counting bats!

Bea said...

Hooray for dancing! That is a smashing finish and your ghosts are looking properly spooky.

Justine said...

Counting Bats is finished at last! It looks great and your skeleton is a good fit.
I love Ghostly Mandala on that fabric.

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Counting Bats is fantastic and that skeleton looks great on your finished piece.
Ghostly Mandala is looking really good... so many ghosts:)

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Forgot to say thanks for the link to Pink Cat Charms,what a great shop.

OhSewCrafty said...

Counting bats turned out really cute! The skeleton charm is just right. I'd love to participate in the blog hop!

Barb said...

I just might have to stitch Counting Bats for my grand children. It's so cute!

gominam said...

Lovely stitching. Cute skeleton charm! Looking forward to reading the Birthday Blog Hop:)

Lili said...

Your Just Nan is so beautiful! Congrats for the finish!! The charm is so cute!

Christine said...

Since you're stitching the inverse wouldn't bigger ghosts mean less stitching? Nearly finished either way
Counting Bats is wonderful

Kaisievic said...

Wonderful ORTs and I am so thrilled for you with your Happy Dance - such a great design and beautiful stitching, of course!

Stitching Noni said...

Oh wow! Well done on your gorgeous finish! I love the idea of doing one piece for the year - depending on what coems out for next year I am going to try something like that as well :o)
Ghostly Mandala is looking amazing - great progress!
Hugs xx

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, you've made some great progress again - the Ghostly Mandala looks delightfully spooky, and I love Counting Bats - that charm is just perfect!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Amazing progress! I can't wait for your Birthday Blog Hop :D

Katie said...

Beautiful progress!

Julie said...

Counting Bats is a wonderful finish.

Brigitte said...

Wow, so great to see Counting Bats finished. It must have been so much fun to stitch it. And Ghostly Mandala will follow soon. Not bad!
Looking forward to seeing your birthday blog hop.

Heather said...

Yay congrats! They both look awesome!

Sheryl said...

A beautiful finish on the Counting Bats, a real fun design but I love the Ghostly Mandala which will soon be finished too.

Mel said...

Yeah!!! You did Counting Bats in record time (compared to me).
Did you enjoy it?
I so didn't by the end so just curious to know if you experienced differently and it was just me.
Oh, so excited for you!! :)