Translate

Saturday 10 May 2014

A Belated April Finish

The problem with running blogs is that you really have to make the effort to do the stitching too!

I agree to take over running the Hallowe'en Ornie SAL Blog this year because I love Hallowe'en stitching and last year I flaked out half way through the year on the themed stitching.  This year I am doing much better.

I have a good excuse for April being late; I didn't like the recommended conversion colour for the alphabet.  So having stitched the whole thing I then had to frog and re-stitch which led to it being put aside for a while.


This is The Little Owl Sampler by Knotted Tree Needleart from the Just Cross Stitch Hallowe'en Ornie Special 2012.

I used the recommended DMC conversion, subbed 930 for 327 and used a blend of 930 and 931 for the border.  The fabric is 32 count Twilight Blue Linen.  I intend to scrapbook this one along with the companion piece which features a pumpkin.

I have been making slow progress on Noel Blanc by A Mon Ami Pierre.  I stitch this while the Small Boy is in the bath and apparently short baths are the order of the day at the moment.  Never mind, every stitch is another stitch closer to the end.


Since I last posted I have stitched all that vertical border to the left of the reindeer's butt.

Finally, I have opened up the sign-ups for the Summer Postcard Blog Hop.  All you have to do is send me a photo of something you have stitched on this year's theme which is Gardens.  I will then send you a photo from another participant which you must display on your blog.  Please include a message with your photo, about why your garden is important to you, or what you love about your garden, or why you don't have one but what you would like in your ideal garden.  Anything with the word "garden" in it really!


22 comments:

Anne said...

Wonderful finish Jo! I love that blue linen it's stitched on. Every time I hop onto a blog, I see something I want to buy...sigh. If only I had the funds!! The border by the reindeer's butt looks great! Ha! Too bad I don't have a garden to participate but I'm really not sure where I'll be this summer so I'll have to bow out of this one. Hugs!

Shebafudge said...

I MUCH prefer your owl in that colour to the original. So cute!

As for the blog hop...sign me up lady, sign me up!

Loretta said...

Lovely stitching!!!

Barb said...

Nice finish. I love your WIP. Great stitching on both.

Jacqueline Morris said...

Your owl is just so darn cute.. I love it.
But WOW! Loving your Christmas stitch.. its really stunning in white.
Smiles to you :)

Ewa said...

Yay! I finally have some time to read blogs again, and yours is the first one! Lovely stitching as always, Jo. I love how sophisticated your prose is, and then that reindeer's butt pops up... ;)

Linda said...

Congrats on the adorable finish Jo. Noel Blanc is a beautiful design and your doing some awesome stitching.
Linda

Beth said...

Very cute owl great choice on the color of the alphabet.

Christine said...

Sweet little sampler Jo. The AMAP is growing nicely. Buy him a toy submarine for the bath and he'll stay in there longer ;D

jocondine said...

Hi ! I really love the little owl, I have to add that it makes me understand what means "to frog" in english. As I just frogged on my own stitching, it was the week of second chance... we used to say "Pénéloper" as Ulysse's wife who frogged by night ?! Hugs ;)

Jo said...

Your owl is fab and I think your conversion is spot on. Loved AT&T the stitching in your last few posts (I'm doing a catch up)

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Love your cute Halloween owl, and Noel Blanc is gorgeous!

Julie said...

Noel is looking wonderful even if you only add a couple of stitches each evening.
Great little owl, I like the colours you chose for it.

blue star stitcher said...

Noel Blanc is looking fabulous. Even a few stitches a day eventually add up to a finish!

Mii Stitch said...

What a cute tiny owl sampler!!! I love it, well done!!

Lili said...

Beautiful stitching!
The owl is so cute!!
Nice progress on Noel Blanc!

Hugs,
Lili

KimM said...

I love it all. Wonderful progress - and I LOVE the owl!!!
xxx

Kerryp77 said...

Great progress, noël is coming along so nicely.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congrats on your little finish. Noel Blanc is going to be just lovely!

The problem with running a blog is putting down the needle long enough to blog!!!

Kaisievic said...

Noel is looking stunning, Jo and your little owl is so sweet.

Brigitte said...

A sweet little finish. I'm looking forward to seeing it together with the companion piece on a scrap book page.
Very nice progress on the French piece.

Michelle said...

A lovely finish Jo - Oh I am loving the way Noel Blanc is looking xx